The warm summer months are now upon us which means it’s time to bust out the bronze powders, shimmery eye-shadows, creamy lipsticks and highlighters! A good bronze makeup look is great all year round, but it’s time to ramp it up a notch for the summer months.
As a makeup artist specializing in wedding makeup, I have a lot of experience with achieving that bronze, glowy, makeup look, while maintaining a fresh and natural look. My biggest achievement as a makeup artist, however, is mastering that bronze makeup look and then locking it into place and ensuring it will be heat-proof for the next 12 hours.
If you want to learn all the tricks for getting a fresh, natural, and heat-proof bronze makeup look for the summer, then keep on reading!
Some of these links are affiliate links.
Go a little heavier on the bronze powder and apply it with a big fluffy face brush. This will give the look of being sun-kissed and leave your skin looking healthy, smooth, and glowy. To kick it up a notch, use a bronzer with slight shimmer to it for a flawless bronzed makeup look!
- Becca Sunlit Bronzing Powder
- Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer
- Nars Bronzer Powder
- Ilia NightLight Bronzer Powder
Warm bronze shimmering eye-shadows are a great colour to wear during the summer and the shimmer is beautiful when out in the sun. It draws the attention to your eyes and brings out every eye colour! It’s also a very forgiving formula for beginners learning how to do makeup.
- e.l.f Cosmetics Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette in Cream & Sugar
- e.l.f Cosmetics Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette in Pumpkin Pie
- ColourPop Nude Mood Eyeshadow Palette
- Tati Beauty Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked
- Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Amber Lights
Use a peach-toned blush and swipe it on the apples of your cheeks. Then take what ever is left over on the brush and sweep it across the nose, the temples of your forehead, and a little on your chin. This is naturally where the sun would hit and gives you that flawless “fresh out of the sun” summer look. By starting with the fresh product on your cheeks and using the residual product left over on the rest of your face, you avoid looking like you’ve applied too much blush!
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
- Physicians Formula MuruMuru Butter Blush in Natural Glow
- Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Peach
- Essence The Blush in Beloved
- Nars Blush in Orgasm
- Benefit Blush in GALifornia
- Mac Cosmetics Blush in Sunbasque
- Jouer Cosmetics Blush Bouquet Dual Blush Palette in Darling
Creamy Lipsticks & Glossy Lip Glosses
When it comes to summer lip combos, a plump looking pout is at the top of the list. Using creamy lipsticks and glossy lip glosses give you that naturally looking plump pout with maximum comfort and wear. Using a warm toned colour on your lips will help bring your entire simple summer makeup look together in one simple swipe.
Drugstore Creamy Lipsticks & Glossy Lip Glosses
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks
- Milani Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Gloss
- Essence Lipstick
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
High-End Creamy Lipsticks & Glossy Lip Glosses
- Milk Makeup Lipstick
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb
- Charlotte Tillbury Hot Lips Lipstick
- Buxom Full-On Plumping Gloss
Heat Proof Setting Sprays
Top off your makeup with a long lasting finishing spray. Not only with this ensure your makeup is heat proof, but it melts the products into the face for a more natural looking makeup application. Pick a setting spray that will balance your skin type for the best results. For oily skin, use a mattifying setting spray. For dry skin, use an illuminating setting spray.
Drugstore Setting Sprays
- Catrice Prime and Fine Setting Spray
- Milani Make It Last
- Maybelline Lasting Fix Setting Spray
- e.l.f mattifying setting spray
High-End Setting Sprays
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Make Up Forever Light Velvet Air Setting Spray
- Morphe Continuous Setting Mist
- Mac Cosmetics Fix +
Using these products, tips and tricks you can achieve that beautiful simple summer makeup look that is not only natural looking, but heat proof for an all day long wear!
Looking for more quick beauty tips? Make sure to follow my Instagram for daily beauty and fashion finds!