When I think of the winter, I think of all the holiday party makeup I get to do! Dark lips, sparkles, and fancy makeup styles are all on trend during this time and I love it! This is the chance to get creative without feeling out of place.
These are the best winter beauty tips and products for winter you need in your makeup bag so you can look good all throughout the holiday season!
It’s no secret that the colder weather can bring out the worst in our skin. Here are the products I recommend for helping you avoid this!
- Arbonne prepwork cleansing polish: When the colder weather hits, most peoples skin tends to dry out. Using an exfoliator will help keep your skin looking bright and fresh! This one is especially good because it’s gentle enough that you can use it everyday if you wanted! Good makeup days start with good skin.
- Arbonne Prepwork Hydrating Dew: Even if your skin is oily you need to be using a moisturizer. Your choice of moisturizer might be different from someone who has dry skin, but without it, your skin will actually become oilier (I know. My mind was blown when I heard this the first time to). I love this moisturizer because it is light enough that it doesn’t make my oily spots worse, but it is moisturizing enough to keep my dry patches under control. Plus, a little bit goes a long way. You won’t need to be repurchasing this one for a long time.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin’s Thirst: If your skin is needing a little extra loving, this is for you. Pop this bad boy on before you go to bed and I promise you’ll wake up with skin that makes it look like you drink your 8 cups a water a day!
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra intensive hydration serum: When I first started using this product, I didn’t realize it was a serum (way to go, Elyse). I used it as a moisturizer and repurchased it 3 times. If that doesn’t tell you how good this serum is, I don’t know what will. My skin never looked better after using it. I had an even tone, smooth textured, redness free, face and it was amazing. I can’t recommend this product enough. It is on the pricey side, but this is another product where a little goes a long way.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: The holidays is the time to get adventurous with your lipstick, but to really rock those colours, you want to make sure your lips are nice an moisturized. This lip mask is so good! You can put it on before bed and wake up with soft, kissable lips.
I am a huge sucker for holiday makeup. I feel like a small child this time of year, attracted to anything sparkly with no self control.
One of the motto’s I preach here on the blog is when you look good, you feel good. I firmly believe you should get all dolled up at least once during the holiday season! I can promise you, you’ll feel like a whole new person.
If you’re with me on this and want to try your hand at some holiday makeup, but your bag is looking a little sparse, or you just want some new additions (you go girl!) here are my top picks you should have in your makeup bag this holiday season.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beverly Hills Sultry Palette: This palette is all the rave right now. It is filled with beautiful cool tones which flatter every skin tone. Not to mention the sparkle in it is amazing.
The colour variety is so good, you’ll be able to use if for both day and night makeup looks. If you can get your hands on this palette, do it.
- Stila Glitter & Glow liquid eye shadow: If you’re like me and you enjoy sparkly eye shadows, this is a cult favourite. These eye shadows go on as a liquid but dry down to a powder with no transfer or fall out. They are also the most intense sparkly, eye shadows you can find. You’re guaranteed to be glowing all night long!
- Tartist Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette: One of my biggest tips to people when they start becoming more adventurous with their makeup is to make sure you pair full-on eyes with full-on skin. What I mean by this is, when you do a lot on the eyes you have to balance it out with heavier face makeup. This contour kit is great for helping with that because you’re getting your bronzer, a powder and cream contour colour, and under eye brightening powder, and shimmery highlighter all in one palette. For the amount you get at the cost of this palette, it is a steal.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit: If you like to switch up your highlighter, you need this palette. It has every highlighter colour you would need, the formula is soft and blendable, and the you can mix the colours to fit your liking. This is great for the holidays because you can use it for virtually any makeup look you’d want to do.
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Colour in Uncensored: You already know, I love a good red lip, but finding the perfect red colour can be a challenge. This lipstick will match any skin tone out there. It is incredibly versatile, meaning you can pair it with any look and never have to worry! A huge plus, it’s a liquid lipstick, so no need to reapply throughout the night.
With all the upcoming parties and gatherings, these makeup items are guaranteed to get you through the holiday season looking, and feeling, your best! Go out and fill your makeup bags and try something new.
I can tell you, there is something about a red lip that makes you feel invincible!
Talk soon xoxo