I love Christmas time because it gives me an excuse (as if I actually need one haha) to put on some fake eyelashes and sparkly eye shadow!
This makeup look is filled with rich, cranberry tones, rosy cheeks, with a natural lip. It is exactly what I think of when I think about holiday makeup!
If you aren’t someone who typically steps outside your makeup comfort zone, the holidays is a great time to do that. With all the parties and gatherings, it gives you plenty of opportunities to get a little more dressed up then you normal would.
Start off with your choice of face makeup
When I’m doing a more full-on makeup look like this, I like to go for more full coverage face makeup. For this look I used the following products:
- Arbonne Soft Focus Mineral Veil as primer
- YSL Le Teint Encre de Peau foundation
- Nars Radiant Creamy concealer
- bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi- Tasking Face- Well Rested to set my concealer
- bareMinerals Mineral Veil Setting Powder- Hydrating to set my foundation
- Benefits Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Mac Cosmetics Blush- Stubborn (not available for sale anymore)
- Smashbox Spolight Palette- Soft Pearl as highlighter
Moving onto the eyes
I am so in love with cranberry tones for the winter. I think there is something so feminine about them. I stuck with the same tones on my eyes as I did for my blush to really tie it all together.
Tip: If you want your lid colour to show up more vibrantly, spray your eye shadow brush with a little bit of face spray before apply the colour to your eyes!
These are the colours and products I used on my eyes:
- Mac Cosmetics Brule eye shadow in the crease as a transition shade
- Mac Cosmetics Cranberry eye shadow all over the lid and under the eye on the lower lash line
- Smashbox Spotlight Palette on the inner corner of my eye and on my brow bone as highlight
- Ardell Demi Wispies fake lashes
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil
- Essence Make Me Brow eye brow gel
Lastly, finish off the lips
This colour combination is probably one of my favourites. The contrast between the darker lip liner and pale lipstick gives your lips a really nice, full look to them.
On my lips I used:
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (to prep the lips)
- Make Up Forever Artist Color Pencil- Whatever Walnut
- Mac Cosmetics Lipstick- Fleshpot
This holiday season I encourage you to try out different looks! Play around outside your comfort zone. You’d be surprised with how much you like something you wouldn’t normally do!
‘Tis the season for glitter and glam so throw on some sparkles and give this look a try!
Talk soon xoxo